Glaittli

Sunday, May 2, 2010

ALEXANDER WARD WILL

ALEXANDER WARD
In the name of God amen the first day of April in the year one thousand seven hundred and Ninety three I Alexander WARD of Jefferson County and Territory of the United South of the Ohio being sick and weak in body but of perfect mind and memory, thanks to God for it and calling to mind the mortality of my body and knowing that it appointed for all men once to die do make and ordain this my last will and testament. That is principally and first of all I give and recommend my soul into the hands of Almighty God who gave it. my body I recommend to the dust to be burried in a decent christian manner at the discretion of my executor nothing doubting but I shall receive the same against the general resurrection. And as touching the worldly estate wherewith it hath pleased God to bless me in this life I give, demise, and dispose of in the following manner and form VIZ. Imprimis I give and bequeath unto my beloved son David my claim of land whereon I now live south of French broad containing three hundred acres reserving to my beloved wife Mary a decent living out of the benefits of said claim of land during her widowhood. Also I do order that my two daughters Phebe and Rachael have their maintenance out of the benefits of said land wilst they live single. Also I give and bequeath unto my son David my Gun & sword my Saddle and bridle.
Likewise I do order that the remainder of my estate to be equally divided amongst my wife and children. And Lastly I constitute and appoint John WARD my Executor of this my Last will and testament. In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this first day of April One thousand seven hundred and Ninety three

Signed sealed published and declared
as my last will & testament in presents of
John MCFARLAND
Alexander WARD
D.d STUART
-0- [seal]

An inventory of Alexander WARD dic.d personal estate sold by public sale October the 4th AD 1796
Seth MOORT and Benj. MCFARLAND Dr to sundries L23.2.10
Isaac W. RODGERS & Robert RODGERS Dr to a Coal [or coat] 3.12
Thomas SMELSORS & John HAYS Dr to sundries 2.2
William GEORGE & Henry STYEN Dr to Do 2.17
Jacob & George MAYBERRY Dr to Do 11.15
Jacob & George MAYBERRY Dr to Do 1.1.6
Benj. FORD and William NIELSON Dr to Do 2.0.6
Dd STUART & Alexr RODGERS Dr to Phebe WARD 3.
Geo. MAYBERRRY & Jacob SMELSER Dr to Sundries 2.7
James ANLEY & John COFFEY Dr to Do 2.10
Absolom and John MAYBERRY Dr to Do 3.13.6
David FULTON & William GEORGE Dr to Do 1.3
Benj. MCFARLAND & Geo MCFARLAND Dr to Phebe & Rachael WARD 11.
Do Do Dr to two iron wedges .7.6
Jacob SMELSOR & Geo. MAYBERRY Dr to sundries 2.1.6
Thomas & Anthony CHRISTIAN Dr to Do 3.10.6
Four pounds ten shillings of the above account to
and three pounds twelve shillings for a Coat coming to David WARD L78.10.
A just inventory delivered by us this 6th day of February AD 1797
D.d. STUART
Alex.r RODGERS

http://www.tngenweb.org/cocke/willjeff.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment