Glaittli

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dragging Canoe

My mother,India Davidson daughter of Milard Davidson, who is a direct decendant of Chief Dragging Canoe.(Cherokee Chief and founder of the Chickamaga Nation) Abagil Was born 1760 in Ashe County North Carolina and died in 1820 Ashe County N.C. She was the daughter of Chief Dragging Canoe b. 1734 D. 1 Mar 1792 and U ga lo gv Leaf. She married Charles Roark. They had many children, Thier daughter Sarah Roark b 1775 d. 1860 Married Stephen Taylor b 1770 and d. 1849, thier daughter Pheobe Taylor b. 1800- 1884. married William Eastridge b. 1800 d 1870. Thier daughter Lizzie Eastridge b. 1820 d 1884 married Radford Davidson whose son Jacob Lee Davidson, whose son was John Albert Davidson who was the father of Millard Davidson my grandfather. I have a great deal of information. If any one wants to write to me.

5 comments:

  1. Hi I would like all the information that you have on Abigail Roark. And Charles Roark. 4 of their daughters married into my family and I am trying to find all the information that I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a descendant of Charles and this Abigail Roark's son Jesse who married Nelly Price, and had a son named John or Solomon Roark. Solomon had a son Ezekiel who was my GGG Grandfather. Ezekiel is buried in the cemetary in Wellston, Oklahoma where they moved around the landrun. Any info would be greatly appreciated especially on Abigail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very interested in whatever information you are willing to share. I descend from Pleasant Eastridge, believed to be a brother of William Eastridge. Barney Eastridge, a son of Pleasant, identified Henry and Elizabeth Floyd Eastridge as the parents of William and Pleasant but and have run recent DNA testing may point to another direction for the parentage of William and Pleasant. Please contact me at ruthacollins@gmail.com. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a post somewhere on a genealogy site, but unfortunately, I didn't make note of where it was at. Anyway, it claim this:

    "There is a Bible in the Davidson family that has the information on Abigail. ..wife of Charles Roark. Her name is Akweegayla. And she has an Cherokee name. It's in my papers at home. In the Bible it states she is daughter of who we call Dragging Canoe."

    If you have information about this, then please contact me at josphmlimpert@gmail.com.

    I would be most grateful if you could provide any information on this and on a photo of a an old framed carbon drawing of what appears to be an emaciate old Amer-Indian woman who is alleged by an unknown source to be "Abigail Canoe."

    Thanks

    JML

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please give this information to the Cherokee Indians-Research Geneology Kirk West or Chris Whitmire, according to them Dragging Canoe had no children even though I am a descendant of him through Absolum Billboat Brown and Celia Brown Celia Pathkiller Cherokee and you are through yours. Thanks

    ReplyDelete