Glaittli

Monday, April 26, 2010

John Tripp

Hello Pearl! I have traced my Tripp roots to John Tripp and his father Nathaniel Tripp in Skirbeck and Lincolnshire, England. John Tripp was married to Isabell Moses (born 1579) They had 12 children but only Ann and John are listed. The real family name was not really Tripp, but was Howard. The name of Tripp began with Lord Howard at the seige of Boulogne. King Henry the Fifth asked how they took the town and castle, and Howard answered, "I tripped the walls". Then his majesty the King said, "Tripp shall be thy name and no longer Howard, and he honored him with a scaling ladder for a coat of arms. This information is found in Doomsday Book in Title Lands of England. I hope this information is helpful to you. Please feel free to email me. Kristine Cheney (tisatrix@msn.com)

http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.tripp/672.2/mb.ashx

No comments:

Post a Comment