Glaittli

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thomas Dickson Will

Know all men by these presents, that I, Thomas Dickson of Ashe County & State of North Carolina being weak of bod but sound in memory and judgement do this 21 day of May one thousand eight hundred and thirteen make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form as follows:

To my wife Olive Dickson, I give the sum of three hundred dollars adn to my son James Dickson I give the sum of three hundred dollars and to my son Duglass Dickson I give the sum of three hundred dollars and to my son Alexandria Dickson I give the sum of three hundred dollars adn to the girl Polly who lives with David Smith I gave the sum of twenty five dollars and to my son John Dickson's two children I gave the sum of forty dollars each; to my son-in-law Alexandria Smith I gave the sum of ten dollars and to Peter Dick who married my daughter Nany I give $10.00 adn if there is not enough to satisfy and pay the above legacys I want it to be equally deducted out of each ones sher and if there is an overplus still remaining I want it tobe equally divided among my wife and the rest of my children that may be lieve at the time of my desease and I hereby constituted and appoint Jon McMillan and John Bowers my executors to see this my last will and testament executed to the true intent and meaning thereof.

Thos. Dickson

And I hereby impower my said executors sell all my property that may beer remaining on hand at my desease to the highest bidder and give a reasonable credit and sufficient sucurity for the same and to pay all my just debts and also to use all lawful means to collect what debts may be justly owing to my and I hereby revok and disannul all wills by me formerly made and I delcare this to bee my last will and testament in wittness whereof I have here unto set my hand and seal day and date above.

Thomas Dickson (seal)

Andrew (X) Turner
Peter Eller
John McMillan Jurat

No comments:

Post a Comment