Glaittli

Monday, April 19, 2010

William England

WILL OF JOHN ENGLAND
Book of Jared by Eleanor Hall
Pgs. 683-684
IN THE Name of God Amen: I, John England of the State of North Carolina and County
of Burk, being sick and weak of boady, but of sound mind and memory and calling to
mind the Mortality of My body and that it is appointed to all Men once to die: Do
continue this my last will and testament & earnestly disior that it May bee Received as
IMPRESS My Soal I bequaith to almighty God that gave it humbly beseeching His Most
gracious acceptance of it through the Merrit & meditation of Jesus Christ and My boady
to the Earth from whence it Came to bee discreetly Intred therar in at the discreation of
My beloved Wife & Exacitors hearafter nameid.
And as to the worldly goods whearwith it has pleased God to bless mee I give and
bequith as followith, Viz: All my debts being first paid, I give & bequith to my beloved
wife a good horse (s)adil and bridil, a Cowe and Calf, & a good fethor bead and a Jenteel
living cut of the estate as long as shee Remains My widow.
ITEM: I giv & bequaith to my Eldest sun, Aron England ten pounds and no more -
ITEM: I give & beqaith to my Eldist Daughtor Elizabeth Murphey one Cowe & Calf and
ITEM: I gave and beqath to my Sacund daughter Margit Harris one Cow and Calf and no
ITEM: I give & bequaith to my sun John England the tract of Land of 200 Acres that I
bought of William Welch when he cums to athe age of 21 years, and if it Can bee atainid
in the Meantime to be appled to the scooling and Mintaining of him Self & his Mothor
and if Requrid the exacotors May Sell the Lands and purchis as Mutch in a Sutipill place
for them again and if either of them shoald die before they Cum of eage ther tract of Land
to be soald and divided among the Rest of my Suns then a living –
ITEM: and all the rest of My Estate of Stock horsis Cattill & hogs or whatsoever else Not
mentined of My proportey May Equilley divid among the Rest of My Children VIZ:
Marey, Rhoda, Kezziah, Sarah, Barsheba, John & Josiph England Shear and have alike –
I do hereby nominate & appoint my sun Aron England & My beloved Brother Daniel
England my Exacotors of this my last will and testament and I do by these presents
Disanull all othor Will or Wils heretobore by mee mad or Rittin in WITNESS whereof I
have hereonto Sot my hand and affixed my sail this 16 day of March –1795.
And my Lott in town that is to bee soald and divided amonst these that is to have an
aquill part of What is yet to bee Divid
State of No. Carolina Court of Pleas & quarter sessions Burke County
From: North Carolina Historical Commission Burke County Wills
ENGLAND FAMILY HISTORY
Book of Jared by Eleanor Hall, pg. 681:
William England who came with the first Scotch-Irish emigration to Pennsylvania, is the
first known American Ancestor of this family. He moved to Maryland, then came with
the tide of emigration to North Carolina in 1760. He married first in Pennsylvania,
Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas Wilcox of Chester Co., Pennsylvania. They had one son,
William England, Jr. He married second, Mary, daughter of William Watson of New
Jersey. William Watson’ will dated 9th October 1758, proved 25 May 1759, mentions
his daughter Mary, wife of William England, - pg. 251, Vol. 23, New Jersey Archives.
They moved to North Carolina in 1760 and William obtained a grant of land in Chattam
County. (Vol. 4, North Carolina Records)
William England md (1) Elizabeth Wilcox, they had one son - md (2) Mary, d/o William
Daniel England, b. 1752, MD md ca. 1772 Margaret Guin, b. NC
John England md Ann or Jane Grant d/o Jesse Grant. (His father was killed by Mr.
Hightower, who shot him with a ramrod) b. Tyrone, Ireland
Rhoda England, b. 2 October 1773 md 1796, Burke Co., NC, William Byrne
Aaron England, md –d. 31 May 1839
Joseph England md Margaret Ross
Elizabeth England md Mr. Murphy
Margaret England md Mr. Harris

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:ez7-G60AvDQJ:ajlambert.com/jared/will_je.pdf+%22william+england%22+watson&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiZHwNpLqy9W3maP9bZEBOVc0aiDS8zLq302QHvlvsuF3zI-5iv_xTkKS9ZyoRuwbhfhvBrFElsbPCBx1kWQR0KkYvCKWNqG3cqInohgM56F1R95XMDwKM9gwiaDe0AjNks1RNp&sig=AHIEtbROAehrw4Ac46Jmd4M4m_ALc_EP0g

No comments:

Post a Comment