Glaittli

Friday, April 2, 2010

Winebarger's in Mitchell OR

This is where my great grandpa's family is from, it is a little cowboy town:
http://mitchelloregon.us/mitchell.html

"Our historic buildings include the Sally Winebarger House that was built in 1874-84 by O.S. Boardman that the town of Boardman was named for. Sally and Hiram Winebarger purchased it in 1909 and Sally lived there until her death in 1975 at the age of 97. As part of our restoration projects, we hope to restore this building as the Sally Winebarger Museum soon."

I will double check with my grandma but this is where Marilda and Marion Osborn built the Hoot Owl Ranch. One of Oregons largest ranches at the time. I had my great grandma Louise tell me this story a long time ago and I can remember writing it down on the cream construction paper she always had in the desk in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment