Glaittli

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Nicholas Winegar

Notes for Nicholas WININGER:
Nicholas appears on the 1777 tax list for Augusta County, VA.

While Nicholas WININGER arrived in PA on Sept. 12, 1750, on the ship "Priscilla,"
a Johan George Wenniger arrived on Sept. 3, 1742 on the ship, "Loyal Judith,"
J. Gottlieb Weniger arrived on Aug. 28, 1750 on the ship, "Twin Brothers,"
Jacob Weininger arrived on Oct. 3, 1753, on the ship, "Eastern Branch,"
Daniel Weniger arrived on Aug. 8, 1764, on the ship, "Chance."

A 1768 return for Windsor Twp., Berks Co., PA, includes both the names Nicholaus Weininger and Nicholaus Wenger.


The Last Will and Testament of William A. Winingar, deceased was proven by the oaths of John I. A. Stephenson and John B. Bradshaw 4th day of October 1875. Will Book II Pages 153 - 154

In the Name of God, Amen. I William A. Winingar of the County of Hawkins and State of Tennessee, being of sound mind and memory and considering the uncertainty of the frail and transitory life, do therefore make, ordain, publish and declare this to be my last will and testament; That is to say, First – After all my lawful debts are paid and discharged, the residue of my estate, real and personal, I give bequeath and dispose of as follows: To wit: My father, John D. Winingar to have a comfortable support during his natural life from the proceeds of the farm. To Clarence Powell WILSON, a son of my wife, I give and bequeath if he should remain with my family until he is twenty one years old fulfilling a contract or promises that I had made to him, to give him a horse saddle and bridle to be worth one hundred dollars ($100.00) in currency; but should he C. P. WILLIAMS fail to stay with my family and be dutiful until he is twenty one years old then I don't give and bequeath anything to the said C. P. WILSON. The remainder of my property, both real and personal, I give and bequeath to my daughter, Mary Ann Francis Winingar, the farm upon which I now live adjoining the lands of Joseph Wallace, Samuel COX, Solomon Winingar and James COX lying and being in Gravely Valley (7) civil district, Hawkins County, Tennessee. Likewise I make constitute and appoint James M. ___ and Joseph Wallace to be my executors of this my last will and testament, hereby revoking all former will by me made. In witness whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed my seal this 11th day of April in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Seventy Five. William A. Winingar
Witness: John I. A. Stephenson, John B. Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment