Glaittli

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Elizabeth Blackburn Will

Elizabeth Blackburn's Will

Ashe County

In the name of God Amen – I Elizabeth Blackburn [Balwekbur n]
being in a low state of health, but Purfect sound in mind and memory than ks be
to Almighty God for the same, and knowing that it is appointed for all M en
once to die do make and ordain this my last Will & Testament in manner a nd
form following. First, I desire that all my Just debts be paid, then I
bequeathe to my beloved son Edmond Blackburn all my house hold Furnature
except one bed and wareing clothes – also I give him one mare one cow
yearling.
Also my Daughter Sally Blackburn I give one bed and Furnature & all weari ng
clothes, also the horses in the hands of Barnet Owen – I desire to be so ld for
a twelve months credit, and the money to be divided between my childr en to
with – John Blackburn Levi Blackburn and Sally Blackburn. I also appoi
William Greer and Edmond Blackburn my Executors
At Which I set my hand & Seal this 27th of September 1804

Elizabeth Blackburn her
Witness x
James Parsons Jurat mark
David Greer Jr.

North Carolina }
Ashe County } Nov. Term 1804
The within will was duly proven in open court by the oath of Dav id Greer in order to be registered
Test Jno M Millan Clk


A big THANK YOU goes to Nina, HISTMOM@aol.com, for providing me this copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment